Cooler temps are heading our way in Murray and when the temperature gets colder, the utility bills can often increase. There are many things that you can do to get ready for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can help with your home comfort this winter, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
Are you wondering what is so significant about storm door installation? While storm doors are helpful in every season, here are a few of the benefits that storm doors offer during Murray winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an extra layer between the outdoors and the comfort of your home. Their glass covering option decreases energy loss and can help lower monthly costs on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors deliver an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also gives another barrier for burglars or other unwelcome guests.
Storm door installation is an ideal way to ready your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are additional ways to save some money around the house as the colder weather looms:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping is coming away, cold air can trickle in and influence your home comfort. If you have challenges with reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your home’s doors and windows, give our Pella of Murray team a call and we will gladly help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can accumulate in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Take a dry paintbrush and clear these areas to produce a tighter seal and better the performance of your windows and doors.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, like deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could permit cold air to enter into your home. Consult with a professional to repair these issues before the colder temperatures hit Murray.
If you have additional questions about how to prepare your house for the colder weather, or about storm door installation this winter, give the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Murray a call at 270-216-5253 or visit our showroom to discuss face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the changing weather.