In 2017, kitchen remodeling was one of the most popular home projects and it’s a great way to increase the value of your home. But, you want to make sure that you are setting yourself up for success before tearing out the cabinets and pulling up the floors. Consider these do’s and don’ts to achieve the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted the right way:
- Research to make sure you are hiring the right contractor. Browse reviews online, seek out input from your friends and colleagues, and don’t settle just because one contractor might be cheaper.
- Consider your kitchen must-haves—do you want your kitchen to be energy efficient? Have a certain finish or countertop material? Do you want to have appliances with the latest technology?
- Figure out what the most sensible floor plan would be for your kitchen space. Keep it functional and efficient with sufficient storage and countertop space that meets your needs and the needs of your household. What do you want to get out of the space? How do you spend most of your time in the kitchen? Cooking? Entertaining? Relaxing with your family?
- Store all your receipts. Have them in a safe place to submit when filing your taxes or to use if you plan to sell your home in the future.
- Focus exclusively on the aesthetic of your new kitchen—shiny countertops or a perfect color palette aren’t the most critical things about your new kitchen. Be sure the quality of your cabinets, countertops and replacement windows is high to keep your kitchen functioning efficiently for many years.
- Forget to consider the budget! Remain on budget by prioritizing based on your needs and what features are most important to you. We recommend budgeting at least 10 percent more than what you believe you’ll need so you can cover unpredictable costs during the remodeling process.
- Forget to assess the windows! Pella Windows and Doors has a range of excellent kitchen window styles that can tie in an entire kitchen remodel.
One of the most important items of a kitchen remodeling project is the windows—they allow light into your space, set the tone for the room and give you a gateway to the outdoors, which really feels nice when there’s a cool breeze on a summer day. If you are thinking about replacement windows as a part of your kitchen remodel, give our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors a call at 270-216-5253, visit our Murray showroom or arrange an in-home consultation with us online so we can help you choose the right replacement windows for your kitchen needs.