There is a point every Murray winter when you can’t uncover the source of the draft in your home. It could theoretically be emanating from a window that isn’t shut or sealed properly. Even the smallest of cracks can make homes uncomfortable and chilly, potentially resulting in:
- Cold air leaking into your home
- Larger heating and cooling costs
Consistent with the Environmental Protection Agency’s Energy Star program, you can save 10 percent on your monthly energy bill, or 20 percent of your heating and cooling costs, with appropriately sealed windows. To help limit spending and cut down drafty air from flowing into your home, it’s critical to be able to distinguish where these window drafts may be coming from and why. Here are some useful tips to pinpoint your Murray home’s drafts and inspect for issues:
- Examine for gaps and breaks in strange areas of air leakage, such as knee walls, outdoor faucets, attic doors or just the normal windows with operable abilities and use a painless visual inspection.
- Examine to guarantee that windows and doors are sealed and latched.
- Guarantee the sealant or gasket around the workable portion of the window or door is accurately sealing.
- Test the installation by establishing if the draft is passing through the window or around the window, between the window and the coarse opening. A window will only function as well as it is positioned.
- Call a professional from Pella Windows and Doors in Murray to have them conduct a home energy audit.
Once you’ve recognized where the draft or air leakage is deriving from, the next step is to concentrate on the source of the draft or air leakage. As always, give the specialists in Murray a call at 270-216-5253 with any extra questions or potential replacement needs.