Fall is upon us in Murray, and as the weather begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our houses. Now is the ideal time to begin figuring out how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and include some enjoyable fall accents for your replacement doors to reflect the atmosphere of the season. Doors are oftentimes the focal point of a home—they bring curb appeal and can make a big impact on someone’s first impression of a house. Here are several things to think about when selecting your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is beneficial when it comes to drawing eyes to your home’s doorway. There are several ways to make levels, including adding decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to place pumpkins or other unique fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall offers us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should do the same. Gourds and pumpkins constantly provide a tremendous pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a good option for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are usually staple fall decorations that are used each year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your house look unique and stylish. Some of the popular door hangers this year include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a entertaining fall message to give an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string a bunch together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of heaping fall flowers into a basket, compile a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and place it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into a cute scarecrow to greet guests when they appear at your door
Use your replacement door as a blank slate for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and unique curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating may include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Murray a call at 270-216-5253 or arrange an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always a good time for a new front door and a new look!